CREEKSIDE VINYL, YOUR LOCAL RECORD SHOP IS COMING BACK…
Hi everyone, how you doing? It really has been the craziest time, hasn’t it? I do hope you are all doing ok and have managed to get through this time unscathed.
As restrictions are being slowly removed, we are turning our mind to reopening the shop and how to do that in the safest way possible. As things stand, we are looking at reopening the week beginning the 15th June.
However, normal conditions of old are a long way away. So, I thought it would be good to share with everyone our thinking and how it will work in the first instance. I think its important to be flexible and pragmatic, so I’ll be checking and watching to see if the plan and the structure needs adjusting.
We will look to have three elements of access to the shop for customers.
Firstly, we will be open on Market Days (Tuesdays/ Fridays/ Saturdays) between (10:30 – 2:30)
A number of safety measures will be in place.
- Entry to the shop will only be allowed to those wearing a face mask
- Entry will be limited to only two customers in the shop at any one time
- If you wish to browse the records, you will need to put on plastic protective gloves which will be provided. (there will be a waste bin for disposal at the end of your browse)
- If you don’t want to browse and just want a particular record/item you should ask the staff and if it is in stock, they can go and locate it and bag it for you.
Payment will need to be contactless and can occur in two ways.
- Via our contactless terminal for payments under £30.00
- Alternatively, we can send a text message, whilst you are in the shop, to your phone and you can enter your card payment details via a secure link.
- Cash is only by exact amount. No change will be exchanged.
Second shopping option is designated 10-minute appointments at times when the shop isn’t open for passing trade. Via prearrangement we can offer you a personalised dedicated time to browse. The same safety and payment measures will apply as above. Importantly It will be perfectly fine to come and utilise this service and not to purchases anything at the end of your time slot. That’s the wonderful thing with record shops you never know what you find or not. However, we will be quite strict about limiting the time to 10 minutes. To book a time, please phone on 07951357702 or email us on [email protected]
Finally, we will be offering a collection/ local delivery service. If you require a particular record either call us on 07951357702 or Email on [email protected] or message us via social media , and let us know what you are after. If we have it in stock, we can arrange for you to pick it up from the shop or we can arrange a local delivery if that is more convenient.
Payment will be via a link to a secure payment facility which we will text to your phone.
We have developed these plans with a wish to ensure that shop continues to operate as a social hub and celebrating chatting about music and a friendly personal service rather than just a faceless online record shop, as such we will not be offering mail order or postal delivery via the website.
I really hope this all makes sense and we can begin again to offer an exciting range of records and good vibes to all our brilliant customers.
Love n Peace y’all.